Monday, January 27, 2014

Skydiving

My adventure of skydiving kind of came about in a long story. I met my current husband after I went to work in the health care field. We met at work and became friends and then as the story goes we became friends and eventually started dating. We are both adventurist so it was to no surprise that for his birthday that year he wanted to go skydiving. We were joined by another couple that worked with us. We decided on Siloam Springs Arkansas to go for this adventure. We left early that morning to make the trip and arrived with no problems. Three of us were actually jumping and the other there just to watch. We started the process of getting our gear fit to us and the instructions of what we needed to do and how we needed to land. We were paired up with the instructors we were going to be jumping with, since it was our first time we were tandem jumping. My "husband" and I were going up in one plane and our friend in another. We loaded up which I never realized how tiny the planes were until you try to fit four jumpers and a pilot in. We were literally sitting on each other. The ride up to our altitude seemed like forever. It felt like hours had went by before we were finally to the point were they said it was time. I had been very nervous the entire time going up but at that point I was like lets do this. They opened the door and we took out positioning in the doorway, which is basically one foot in the plane and the other outside the plane. It was go time and it was time to launch ourselves out of the plane. We were off. I off course being the lady got to go first with my husband following behind. It was amazing. You could see for miles and miles. We were allowed to free fall for as long as we could which was very cool. After the shoots were pulled we of course had to do some circles and turns. It was the most exciting thing I have ever done and highly suggest for anyone. Just a funny note that the only one of us that got sick that day was the one who didnt jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment