Friday, January 31, 2014

What if...

I quit my job
quit school
could go back in time
I didn't have kids
I didn't have a family
I was alone
I could not speak
I could not see
I gave up
I had no support
I couldn't drive
I couldn't walk
I was dying
I was terminally ill
I didn't have the chance to go back to school
I had no time for myself
I had more siblings

What if I didn't have a family? I would be lost without my family. I have a very large family who for the most part is very close and supportive of each and every one. Although I only ha one sibling growing up, I was a twin so we have always been very close to one another. We have always lived fairly close to one another. We seem to have this inner connection and have a way of always knowing when something is wrong or when the other needs something. I do have a lot of aunt and uncles who as well live close. As a large family we do try and get together as much as possible and we do enjoy our times together. Its kind of crazy even when we have children who are playing in sports. People in the community probably think were crazy because we have our own cheering section. It is nothing to look out in the crowd and see moms, dads, grandparents, aunt and uncles, cousins cheering on whoever is playing. I love it and I think it means a lot the the family member playing. I know it did to me when I was in school. To know you have that support. We all rely on each other a lot with help with our kids. With me going back to school full time and working full time and my husband on the road 5 days a week, I know I couldn't do it without the help of my oldest daughter, my sister, my mom and even my grandmother. They all help out when I need a kid dropped off at school or a practice or taken to church. Got the love the grandma when she can cover a sick kid that is unable to go to school. Even the family pulls together when we move. Even this weekend we are helping move my parents and I would say with everyone that is coming it might take one load in every ones trucks and we will have it done. Guys and most of the younger females will be loading and the older women cleaning as we are clearing out. Its great to know you can count on your family. I mean don't get me wrong we do have our problems and we do have the occasional fight in the family but for the most part we forgive and move on.

What if kids really did know it all? This is a good topic considering I have five children who definitely think they know it all. I actually think it would be nice to know everything as a child. It would save a lot of injuries and heartache. I think it would be a completely different world in some ways. but then again I feel you also need to experience the world and fail at times so that you can learn from your mistakes and make yourself a stronger person. This is a tough topic because there are so many good and bad points. I have to look at it from a mothers point of view though. If kids knew it all their would be no reason for school. Or for that matter kids would not have to live at home. I mean if they know it all and know how to take care of themselves what would be the purpose. I mean as a parent I feel that we are there to teach and guide our children, to teach them the rights and wrongs. I would feel completely useless. They would not need me for guidance and to be there as a friend when things go bad. I have to say I would not like this. Kids need to learn and they need the chance to be kids. Experience life and live it to the fullest. The world would be a mess if kids knew it all. Its bad enough that there are so many that think that they do know it all.

1 comment:

  1. A great post encouraging the reader to think about the 'what if's" in life. I know there are many times I have pondered these same questions, and the only answer I know to respond with is; Everything in life happens for a reason, good and bad, we have to find the good buried underneath the bad and appreciate there is a power greater than our own.

    ReplyDelete